The sun provides a wide array of health-promoting benefits, including providing you with your daily dose of Vitamin D and strengthening your immune system. However, too much sun exposure can cause significant problems for individuals. The sun emits harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays known to have damaging effects on the skin.
The same UV rays can also damage and fade your home furnishings, particularly those that contain materials that are sensitive to specific wavelengths of energy. Although visible light, solar heat, humidity, age of furniture, fabrics, and color agents, such as fabric dyes, UV radiation is considered the major contributing factor in fading furniture, attributing to about 40% of the damage.
Direct exposure to the sun’s UV rays can have different effects on the furniture, depending on the material used for it:
- Acrylic, Plastic, and Lucite furniture will bubble, peel, or crack
- Fabric furniture can fade, causing its patterns to become less visible and indistinguishable
- Leather furniture will dry, stiffen, and crack
- Metallic furniture can become discolored
- Painted furniture will chip or fade
- Wood furniture can fade or darken, depending on the type of wood used; it can also dry out and split if exposed to intense heat
What should you do to protect your furniture?
As furniture makes the home complete, you would want to invest in various furnishing to define your home’s overall beauty and design. Without a doubt, your home furniture is a significant investment you would desire to protect and prolong its lifespan.
There are different ways to protect your furniture from fading or damage. You can rearrange your space and move the furniture away from the window and install window treatments, such as curtains and blinds, to prevent your furnishings from being exposed to UV rays.
Besides rearranging your space and using window treatments, installing residential window tint is also an excellent and effective way to protect your furniture and prevent it from premature fading.
Tinting your household windows have various benefits, such as prolonging the life of your home decor and furnishing. Window tints have protective properties, which can filter sunlight, blocking 99% of UV rays from entering your home and rejecting about 79% of solar heat. Hence, helping reduce color loss and material breakdown of your furniture, walls, art, photos, flooring, and rugs.
Other benefits of window tinting include:
- It makes the home temperature-consistent
- Reduce your heating, cooling, and energy costs
- Extends the life of your HVAC system
- Protect you from UV rays, saving you from future skin-related health problems
- Reduces glare, which has an impact on your productivity
- Increase safety and privacy in your home
- Improve security, deterring an unwanted intruder from breaking into your home
Where can you have window tints installed?
If you need a window tinting company for the installation of your residential window tints, you can always count on Global Tint. Global Tint is a reliable window tinting company in the UK that provides the best shades for your home. If you wish to have your shades installed by our team, you can always visit our website at www.globaltint.co.uk.